Position Summary Details
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant's experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data. This is a union position.
This is a union position. and as such, will provide union benefits.
The Building Engineer performs scheduled maintenance, safety inspections and repairs to varying types of equipment.
- Follows safe practices and complies with company and regulatory standards.
- Qualified to operate or assist in operating all heating and ventilating equipment, engines, turbines, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigerating machines, air conditioning units, fans and siphons on the site assigned.
- Must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks as assigned.
- You will be responsible for working with both internal and external customers on technical issues, work scope recommendations and failure investigations.
- You could work in a variety of engineering departments based on current needs.
- Provides engineering support for a wide range of systems, maintenance programs, engines as well as operational engineering functions.
- Must be able to understand, analyze and seek solutions to the design, operation, maintenance, performance or repair of vehicles/equipment and their components.
- Should be able to logically approach problem solving, define a maintenance program or configuration and ensure a safe and legal operation.
- Reviews Service Bulletins (SBs) from manufacturer or component manufacturer.
- Develops solutions and implementation plans, project justification, cost/benefit analysis, and overall management of project implementation and coordinate warranty recovery on SBs that are applicable.
- Organizes and manages the priorities for assigned responsibilities and accomplishes the work process to meet all deliverable for projects as well as maintenance program changes and technical specification revisions.
- Coordinates work with other operational groups to ensure safety, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and operational efficiency.
- Entry level to 5 years of engineering experience.
- Engineering skill sets which can be applied to a range of systems, maintenance programs and engines.
- For service engineering positions, these same technical skills are applied towards operational issues versus project specific work.
- Ability to analyze complex technical issues, detailed level of project management for regulatory compliance modifications.
- Excellent verbal and technical writing skills needed.
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)